Monday, November 24, 2008

Get Well Soon

Get Well Soon





This book is about 16 year old Anna Bloom who had just been admitted to a mental hospital by her parents. She was depressed and stopped going to school for fear of one of her panic attacks. She also has Irritable Bowel Syndrome, which is directly related to her panic attacks. The whole book is her writing letters, which she never sends, to her best friend Tracy, telling her about everything and everyone in the hospital.

I loved this book. It was surprisingly upbeat and lighthearted. It made me laugh, which is rare. It was just an all around good book.
The only thing I didn't like was that near the very end, she randomly switched from her letters to Tracy to just plain old narration. It was a little confusing. But, in spite of that small fact, I loved it.



I give this book 4 1/2 stars. It loses half marks for me because I don't think it's a book that I'd read again. At least not anywhere in the near future. And I would only not read it again because the jokes are old now. I read them once, I remember them, that's it. End of story. Once the jokes and puns vacate my memory, I will deffinately read it again.

Stay tuned for more word on the street

Less than three<3

No comments: