Friday, November 21, 2008

Spider's Song

Spider's Song



This book is about AJ, a troubled girl who lives in Yellowknife. She lives with her grandmother while her mother, Cherry, is going to school. She has a blog called The Cherry Blossom blog and it is here that she talks about her life and follows a code for her moods. More often that not she's in code yellow. There's also a code blue, green, and, the code for her cutting urges, red.

She's ashamed of the fact that she cuts herself and she's trying to stop. She only ever does it once in the book; the rest being flashbacks.

She meets a busker at the local Caribou Carnival and immediately finds out he's her father. She keeps it a secret from everyone and brings him to stay at an abandoned shack that she used to go to for when she cut herself. The whole book is her trying to get answers from her 'father' Ed.



I have to say, the book felt like a bad fanfiction to me. But, it had a good hook. Everyone who asked me what I was reading, I told them I was reading a bad book. But, I couldn't stop because I had to find out what was going to happen. I knew there was something big going to go down between her and Ed. And I knew after that something big went down, she was going to spazz and go straight to what comforted her from the start; cutting.

The best part was probably fifty pages from the end. When things actually started getting interesting. The rest of the book really wasn't that great. Even the ending wasn't that great. It was left for a sequel, definitely. To be honest, I'd probably read the sequel. I have a tendancy to read bad books. Dangerous girls by R.L Stine, anyone?



I give this book 2 1/2 stars. Deffinately not the best book I've ever read. But if there ever was a sequel (or maybe there already is one that I don't know about) I'd probably check it out of the library. Or buy it second hand like I did this one.

Stay tuned for more word on the street

Less than three<3

2 comments:

Anita Daher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anita Daher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.